Providing quality health services to surrounding rural communities at Namitete Catchment area and others in need.
To provide affordable, excellent services to those in need especially the immediate surrounding rural communities of Namitete Catchment area, by providing health care in a transparent, holistic and accountable manner.
St. Gabriel’s hospital was established in 1959 in the Archdiocese of Lilongwe. It is located in Namitete –Namitondo area, under Traditional Authority Kalolo. It is 60 km west of the Capital City, Lilongwe District, Malawi, in the Archdiocese of Lilongwe. The first Carmelite Sisters from the Mother house in Luxembourg came in 1959 after being invited by Late Bishop Faddy to take care of the sick around Namitete area. The hospital serves a population of about 205,000. It has bed capacity of 290.
It is one of the reliable Health Facilities under CHAM (Christian Hospitals Association of Malawi) in the Archdiocese of Lilongwe. It also serves as a referral hospital of some government health facilities around. Its dedicated Doctors and staff ensure the best possible health care throughout Malawi.
For more information visit its website: https://www.stgabrielshospital.org